Southern Beet, Fennel & Arugula Salad
Wholly! that was fast!” and “Wholly! that was good!” are two things you might find yourself saying after trying our protein-rich Wholly!”
|4 each||Beets – Heirloom|
|4 cups||(125 g)||Baby arugula|
|1 bulb||Fennel, cored, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges|
|1 each||Shallot, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||(25 g)||Sherry Vinegar|
|1 tsp||(4 g)||Fresh minced Garlic (1 clove)|
|TT||Salt & Pepper|
|2 tbsp||(10 g)||Olive Oil + 2 tsp reserve|
|2 Patties||Wholly Veggie! Southwestern Beet, cut into ¼ “strips|
- Preheat oven to 400o F (200o C) and rub Beets with 2 tsp of olive oil. Wrap the beets in tinfoil and roast for 1 hour. Let cool to the touch, peel and slice the beets
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp on olive oil.
- Toss the arugula in the dressing shaking of any excess, divide among 4 plates.
- Toss the fennel, beats, shallows in the remaining dressing, removing as much excess as possible. Place on top of the beds of arugula.
- Sprinkle strips of Southwestern Beet patties over the salad.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing over top and serve immediately.
Can use canned beets instead to speed things up. But the Heirloom beets really make the salad pop with the multiple colours.