Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad
Wholly! that was fast!” and “Wholly! that was good!” are two things you might find yourself saying after trying our protein-rich Wholly!”
|1||Tomatoes, sliced and cut into strips|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1/3 cup||Lemon Zest|
|1 tsp||Lemon Juice|
|2 tbsp||Cane Sugar|
|1 tbsp||Fresh lemon thyme|
|1 tbsp||Fresh lemon balm|
|1 tbsp||Salt & Pepper|
|1 package||Wholly Veggie! Cauliflower & Roasted Red Pepper Bites|
|1||Eggplant, peeled and in 1/4″ slices|
- In a larger colander in the sink, layer the eggplant slice, sprinkling each layer with salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In the mean time, Pre-heat your oven broiler to high
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cane sugar, lemon thyme, lemon balm, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Rinse and pat dry the eggplant. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a lined or oiled baking sheet. Brush with the lemon & herb oil mixture.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes or until beginning to brown. Flip the eggplant slices over and brush with lemon & herb oil mixture. Place under the broiler for addition 1-2 minute.
- Cut slices of eggplant into strips, mixing with the tomatoes and remaining lemon & herb oil mixture. Set aside.
- Line the same baking sheet with the Wholly Veggie! Cauliflower & Roasted Red Pepper Bites and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, flipping bites over and cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top eggplant and tomatoes with the veggie bites and serve immediately.
I’ve just tried all three flavors, and they are all fantastic! There is no excuse not to eat your veggies when it is this easy and tasty! The beet one was my favorite ?